Monday, September 9, 2013

And Brooke is 50 Months!

I was really excited to report that Brooke had improved her sleeping skills, but I guess that "jinxed" it last night.  I can however report she isn't really having her night terrors anymore!  We are not sure if it's directly linked to cutting out her evening Flovent inhaler, or just outgrowing them.  Last night she did casually walk into our room about 10 times between the hours of midnight and 2 am very calming asking us to tuck her back in.  We weren't able to get her to stop until we finally told her we were closing our door.  The last time we heard her turn the knob to make sure it wasn't locked, and then go back to bed.  Who knows!  Regardless I am sure Nathan woke at 2:30 a.m. to insure to tag team us (me)!

We also met with her asthma and allergy doctor (Dr. Leo) this week for her 6 month check up, which we are probably 4 months late for!  We discussed our concerns about how she still coughs when she eats, which started when she first started eating solid foods at 9 months old.  For a period it appeared to stop significantly, but now its back in full force.  We are doing a 2+ week eating study trying to monitor what she eats and how often she coughs, and when.  Also, taking a short video of her coughing, and then back to the asthma / allergy doctor in mid-October.  Base on the results, he will most likely be sending us to see a GI doctor for an upper-GI study.  I then receive a personal call from Brooke's pediatrician on Friday, after reading Dr. Leo's report, and thinking about Brooke's history, she recommended we book the GI appointment.  Unfortunately/Fortunately, the GI doctor is really good, which means he has a really long wait.  Therefore, they give you the next available (Jan. 20th), and then wait for a discussion with your doctor to pull the appointment ahead. 

Here are the possible diagnostics...some of which are much more concerning than others.
1) Uncontrolled Asthma
2) Acid Reflux
3) Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EE)

We are anxious to get answers, but also trying hard not to stress about the different options.  I will post more information, as we learn.

Here are Brooke's 50 month pictures! I think this girl probably has 20 pairs of shoes.  (Honestly not exaggerating.) And she picked Tyler's to wear for the day.

Also in exciting news, Brooke is starting ballet and tap classes this week.  Look for some more cute pictures to come!

1 comment:

  1. Ballet class has got to be adorable!! Tu-tu's or leotards?

    ReplyDelete