Monday, April 22, 2013

Nathan Thomas Buchman!! Born April 2, 2013 @ 10:21 a.m.

I finally have 5 minutes to get in a blog post!  Don't worry all, I have lots, and lots of pictures from the last few weeks, I just haven't had time to upload them yet.  (Thanks to a sick Tyler, and sick Brooke...can't really even blame the delay on baby Nate.)

April 1st, we headed to the South Shore Medical Center, for our scheduled induction. (Not sure how it would all pan out with it being April Fools Day and all.)

9:00 a.m. we registered, and we were in our room by 9:30, and informed we were the only ones in the labor & delivery section of the Hospital.  By 10:30, my IV was started, and a pill was inserted to ripen the cervix, and begin the induction process.   I was also checked and only 1 cm dilated.  Throughout the afternoon, and evening I was rechecked, and finally made it up to 3 cm by 9:00 p.m.  I was also allowed to order a little food, and had gone on a few boring walks around our small hospital wing.  Nick spend the day reviewing the 25,000+ baby name book, and jotted down the following potentials (some I vetoed right away). Nathan (the only name really on our list since Brooke stated she would pronounce "Zack" as "Yak"); Alexander, Leonardo, Logan, Lucius, Mason, Colin, Dominick, Rex, Victor, David.

Finally by 11:45 p.m., we started the epidural, and got some much needed rest for the upcoming day.  (No April Fool's Baby for me!)

The next hour results in low blood pressure from the Epidural (79/50), and causes us to have to turn it down from 10 to 5, by 1:30 a.m.

At 6:42 a.m. the resident doctor was given authorization to break by water, and finally at 8:40 a.m. I was up to 6 cm dilated.  (At this time, I called my parents, and suggested they moved a little quicker with dropping off the kids at daycare, or they would miss the fun.)

My parents arrived at 9:45, and were quickly followed by the doctor, who didn't want to cut this deliver as close as last time.  The delivery room was a small party, as I was still the only excitement on the maternity ward.  (Four Doctors (my main doctor, two resident Dr.'s and an ER doctor wanting to learn, 3 Nurses, 2 Grandparents, and finally Nick!)

My doctor told me to try pushing at 10:11 a.m., and two good contractions later the little guy popped out at 10:21 a.m.! Whew!  No idea how women push for much longer, that was tiring enough for me.

So here are the hospital pics!  Tried to keep them from being too graphic!

 
 


My parents brought Brooke & Tyler over that evening to meet their little brother for the first time.  They were super excited, and besides the smack to my belly (ugh) by Tyler the visit went very well. (He just wanted to give mommy a big hug and all.)


Super special "Thank You" to my parents for staying for the week and helping to keep some control on these little people!


We decided to travel home around 5:40 p.m. April 3rd.
 
Now the fun can begin with three crazy kids, and officially being out numbered! AHHHH

No comments:

Post a Comment