So I am a little behind on blog posts for the end of 2012, so here is a nice catch up post to start 2013 with! Happy New Years to All!
The first missing post is Tyler's 17 month pictures. He is in the process of growing his last four canine teeth with the top two poking through. He will try to repeat almost any word any one says, with our favorite lately being his interpretation of "Christmas Lights." We really need to get a video of his fun speech! Here are his month pictures.
The kids got fun new Christmas t-shirts for their Christmas party at daycare this year!
Based on the traveling we do for Christmas, Santa agreed to come to our house on Christmas Eve, Eve. The kids wore their Christmas pajamas for the evening, and of course it was the only morning all week the kids decided to sleep in....really!?!?
Unfortunately for the blog, I decided to just enjoy Christmas this year, and not focus on taking pictures the whole time, so I don't have as many pictures as usual. However, we had a great time celebrating the holidays with our family and friends!
Christmas Eve morning at our house!
Christmas morning at the Buchman house!
The day after Christmas with the Spokane family! Also, check out the fancy fairies Brooke & I made.
Then finally to put a rush our our departure back home, Tyler woke up on the 29th with one of his eyes completely swollen shut! I was ready to take him straight to Children's Hospital in Cincy, but my pediatrician confirmed we had time to get home, and take him to a nearby Hospital. After a 4 hour drive we arrive home around 3:30 p.m., and Tyler & I arrived at Mott's Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor around 4:30. They diagnosed him with preseptal cellulitis, and stated he urgently needed an antibiotic to insure the infection didn't reach his eye or brain. I wasn't nearly as happy with my experience this time. They pushed the antibiotic on him a little too much, which cause him to gag it up...then after a few hours of waiting gave him a shot, which they then stated he was allergic too!! (After reviewing the pictures, with the pediatrician, she is also skeptical he is allergic, plus he never had another reaction.) Finally after getting him to take a steroid we were allow to go home, and arrive around 10:00 that evening. Then in turns out they prescribed a completely awful tasting medicine he needed to take 2 tsp of for 10 days! Really, they think there is any way I can get him to take that!?!??! Fortunately, after talking to the pediatrician again, and finding a bottle of z-pack we weren't able to get Brooke to take, we had a new plan for Tyler's medicine..whew!
Update: Tyler has taken his z-pack for 2 out of 3 days, and his eye is about 90% better!







Only you...eye swollen shut, at the hospital for 5 hours and still a smiling baby. Amazing.
ReplyDeleteOhhh poor Tyler! And poor you! Getting a toddler to take medicine is like herding cats....
ReplyDelete