Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter!

Easter was such a great day.  We started the morning by attending the church service at the church I grew up with, Bellbrook Community Church. The message was a very meaning full one obviously about the resurrection of Christ, and the Easter Holiday.  After Church a quick lunch, and some short naps for the kids, we heading over to my Aunt Donna & Uncle Jerry's house for the annual Easter celebration, and egg hunt.

The number of egg hunting kids continues to grow!  Plus there will be an additional 2 kids next year, we missed Edee due to the fact her brother, Thomas, is scheduled to be born tomorrow, April 12th!  (We can't wait to hear the news!)  Adventures of Shug  Each year the hunt starts with a picture of all the kids on these same steps.  This same group picture (different generation of kids of course) probably goes back 20 years!  I will see how many of them I can find, and do a follow up post hopefully in the future.  All the kids are "related" in some form from being cousin's cousin's kids, etc.  We only see many of them at Easter, so its always a fun reunion.



Both Brooke and Tyler were very good at spotting the eggs.




The best part of the hunt is reviewing the treasure...aka candy when they are all done!  Brooke & Emi made sure to sneak lots of pieces of chocolate in their months.


I believe the official count of eggs hidden this year was around 219 plastic and probably 5 or 6 dozen hard boiled. I think were only missing about 2 plastic and 1 hard boiled when we were finished.   Good luck in finding those treasures in the near future Aunt Donna & Uncle Jerry!  (I remember one year we found a hard boil egg from the year before...ewe!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment