Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Happy First Day of Kindergarten!

And we did it!!  We have spent the last month (really 5 years) prepping for this exciting day, and answering questions upon questions.  What color will the seats on the school bus be?  What will happen if I stand up on the bus since there are no seatbelts?  What if I forget my teacher's name?  These were just a few including the normal ones of trying to understand where to go.  I have also tried to tell anyone that would listen (teacher, principal, secretary, etc) about her egg allergy.  And continued to remind Brooke she must always ask her teacher before she eats anything which wasn't given to her from mommy or daddy.  She helped me pack her lunch which includes a sandwich, strawberries, grapes, veggistraws, dried fruit, apple sauce, animal crackers, fruit snacks and a container of milk and a waterbottle of apple juice...hoping this is enough to last her through lunch and two snacks!  Also, with a friendly reminder to eat her sandwich first...we will see how that goes.  We had her practice opening her thermos, lunch container, lunchbox, etc...including added extra cuts to each of her packages to help open easier.  It will be fun to hear how it all went. 

Fortunately, we were able to arrange for Brooke to be in class, and ride the bus with her ballet buddie, Kate.  I know due to the excitement of getting to hang out with Kate all day has significantly helped in keeping her from thinking about all the fears of change kindergarten will bring.   This morning she was all smiles with excitement as she put on her backpack, and walked onto the bus hand in hand with Kate.  We were even blessed with the house of the bus stop stating they keep their garage door open so the kids can all stand inside way from the weather! Brooke will also go to the after school Champions program today, at which we have remindered her Kate is not going, therefore I am anxious to hear how this goes for her.   


I will try to post a blog follow up with her stories from her first day.   I am excited to be moving on to this next step in our lives! 

Happy First day of school!!

No comments:

Post a Comment