Friday, December 14, 2012

41 Months...and another Ear Infection

Brooke is quite the trooper.  Behind all the giggles & smiles, it appears she had her I believe 6th double ear infection for the year.  It was also reported that her lungs sounded bad again, so she is back on her breathing treatments every 3-4 hrs.  Based on the fact she is so anti-medicine, and I just didn't have the strength to battle with her for the next 10 days, I had the doctor do a shot of the antibiotic this time.  Unfortunately, it was very painful, and she was sore all evening, however now we are done and she already looks and sounds like she if feeling much, much better!
 
We have an appointment the second week in January at Children's Hospital to see an ENT doctor, as it might be time to look into getting tubes put in those little ears.
 
Here are her happy sign pictures from the morning.  I think she was especially happy since I agreed she could wear a dress for the day!
 


We went to Sam's that evening to do a little shopping, and found Santa was visiting the store that evening.  Brooke went back in forth many times with her decision on wanting to see him, but finally decided she really wanted to say hi.  Instead of sitting on his lap, she wanted to stand next to him and hold his hand.  (Extra bonus in letting her wear a dress!)  There prices were crazy.  The first packages started around $2.58, but since we really only wanted the one picture....it was a whopping $0.40 for a 5x7 picture.  Now I would like to see another store beat that price!  We did have to wait about an hour for the picture to print, but I think it was worth the wait.  (Love how it looks like she has a gold bow in her hair too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment