We spent last weekend just "relaxing" down in Louisville, KY for the Ironman race. (2.4 Mile Swim, 112 Mile Bike, 26.2 Mile Run) Its the third time Nick has done this race (2007 & 2008). This year was extra fun though, because there was a whole cheering squad! Nick's parents, Randy & his girlfriend, Emma, Simon, and my parents came down for the event. Plus is was so nice having all the help with the kids! I know I couldn't have done it without my support team.
To make things extra fun, I had shirts made by one of my neighbors at The House of Threads. The kids shirts said "My daddy can ...... faster than your daddy," and the adults shirts said "Swim. Bike. Run" on the front, and all the shirts had "Team Buchman" on the back. I am sure these shirts will surface again for more of Nick's races in the future!
Plus to make the weekend even more fun, Nick did a super job at the race. (Of Course)
There were just over 2900 athletes that competed this year.
His swim time was 1:39:19. (Overall rank 1979)
His bike time was 5:28:55..that's an average of 20.43 mph! (Overall rank 443) I think he does that on purpose, so he can pass like 1500 people!
His run time 4:25:27..or 10:08 min/mile.
Go team BUCHMAN!
Overall finishing time of 11:45:57 and 347 overall! Way to go hubby! We are so proud of you.





Holy Crap, that's amazing! Way to go Nick!
ReplyDelete(and the t-shirts are adorable)