Sunday, June 3, 2012

Racing for Recovery!

We have been watching the weather forecast all week to see how things looked for Nick's first race of the year.  The left side shows the hour by hour forecast when we went to bed Saturday night, and the right side shows the forecast Sunday morning!   Whew, were we all relieved!  There was no way the kids and I would make it to the race in the rain, and doing a race in the rain is no fun at all!

The gun when off this morning at 7:35 a.m.  The day ended with no rain, extra windy, but nice and warm. 


This is the 5th time Nick has done this race, and its so convent as its only 15 minutes from our house! Racing for Recovery In 2006 the race was in Toledo, OH, but since then it has been in Monroe, MI.


Despite the extra wind, Nick stated this was the fastest he has completed this race. (5:36:59).  Here are a few pictures from the previous years.  I must say, I think I have done pretty well with catching the action shots over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment